Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Funfulness....

So, my sister tagged me with this fun thingamy....

THE RULES:

Look up from the computer, look around the room where you're sitting and pick up the closest book. Open the book, turn to page 123, count down to the fifth sentence on that page, and then post the next three sentences.

"you will discover, as I have, that it is no less painful to withhold knowledge from your fellow scientists. When you watch them struggle with a question, knowing that you have the information that could easily reolce their delemma; when you see them come very near the truth and then for lack of information retreat form their correct conclusions and return to error--you would not be human if it didn't cause you great anguish.

"you must remind yourselves, always: It is their law, their choice"

Given that I have about six books sitting on my desk directly behind my computer, it was rather difficult to decide which book counted as being closest to my computer...so I went with the book that looked closest (there were several behind my computer screen, and therefore not visible). So this is from the eighth chapter of Speaker For the Dead by Orson Scott Card (one of my favorite books).

Oh, and I tag...um....Parmandil....and...um....well, I can't think of anyone else right now...so yeah...Parmandil it is..

No comments: