Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Visible

And which world is the world that I belong to?

The world where you are never what you seem

The world where people forget and ignore you

Because you bear no resemblance to who you are?


Or the world of make believe and masks

Of painting one’s face simply to be seen

To create a face for them to recognize

So maybe they’ll see beyond your disguise


Which world do I belong to

The unseen or the mis-seen

The fake and the forced

Or simply the ignored

Is there any in between?


I am not of either persuasion

To neither world do I belong

Though the pull of each is strong

I am myself, myself alone

My outside will betray my inside

Though I remain unknown

I will not create a false face

To grant myself effortless visibility


I will be myself

Who I was made to be

Not a mere shadow of a thing

Or some fake mannequin

I am an image bearer of the eternal God unchanging

I am his child, his creation

What I once was is behind me

Who I am to be before me

I will press on

That I may be a vessel, forgotten

In the wonder of the image I bear

That I might be a light

Shining in the darkness

Then will I be truly seen

1 comment:

Grant-Grey Guda said...

This is awesome! I would be truly honored if you gave your poetic advice on my blogs of poetry and if you like follow them I would greatly appreciate it.

http://thehumanicana.blogspot.com/

http://humanicanagold.blogspot.com/