Monday, October 30, 2006

Joe

I could have sworn there were tears in your eyes
When I turned to you and told you
Christ will not give up on you
A soul on the rack, your voice nearly broke
As you said, I’ve already given up on myself

You punched the wall till blood fell
Trying to forget.
Your face a mask of agony.
When I said Christ will not give up on you
You said “I already have”

Since that day, I’ve rarely seen you
I don’t know what you have been through
But on that fateful day
your allegiance you changed.
Your soul belongs to Christ,
and he will bring you home

He will not give up on you,
Even when you’ve given up

The road home will not be easy,
it rarely is
but through the fire he’ll bring you,
pure as gold.

Though we pass through the fire,
Or over us the waters roll,
He will never leave you
In his hands he holds your soul.

No comments: