Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Last night I went to my TA tutor's house along with a bunch of his other students. It was so nice to be in a small group of people who I had a lot in common with discussing things not because we had to, but because we wanted to. That is the one thing that I regret about college right now. I am in Torrey, so I get a lot of discussion time in, but sometimes it seems like we are just there because we have to. It's just another class. Lets get it over with so we can go do something fun. That is hard for me to deal with. I want our discussions to be fun, to be what we look forward to and don't want to end. But instead I find myself wanting to do the least amount of work and preparation possible so I can do something 'fun'. grrrr. I don't seem to be able to find a way around that, though I hope and pray that I can. I want to find my way back into the joy of the intellect.

No comments: